Next Winter Webinar Focuses on Cow Herd Profitability and Market Trends Impacting Cow-calf Producers
note: pdf files open in new window/tab
AMES, Iowa – Beef cow-calf producers recognize the importance of staying informed on all aspects of their operation, and the third of a four-part webinar series from Iowa Beef Center will help them do just that. The session is set for Tues. Feb. 18, running from 6 to 8 p.m., and focuses on cow herd profitability and market trends impacting the cow-calf producer.
Iowa State University extension program specialist Beth Reynolds said the series is intended to provide timely topics for beef cow management and the opportunity to access the information by joining the webinar at their own location or at one of nine host sites listed below.
Denise Schwab, Iowa State extension beef specialist, will discuss cow herd profitability and using benchmarks to improve management. Lee Schulz, Iowa State Extension livestock economist, will discuss market trends in the beef industry and how they relate to the cow-calf producer.
There is no cost to attend an in-person location or to view the webinar at home. If you plan to attend one of the in-person locations listed below, you’re encouraged to preregister by calling the host location.
To view the webinar from your own location, you’ll need to complete the online registration form prior to the seminar. Look for the “Join this live webinar” link on the main webinar series page http://www.iowabeefcenter.org/WinterCowWebinarSeries.html Use that same link to join the seminar when it begins.
- South central
- Madison County Extension Office, 117 N. John Wayne Dr., Winterset, 515-462-1001
- Washington County Extension Office, 611 Highway 1 South, Washington, 319-653-4811
- North central
- Hancock County Extension Office, 327 West 8th St., Garner, 641-923-2856
- Benton County Extension Office, 501 1st Ave, Vinton, 319-472-4739
- Emmet County Extension Office, 26 S 17th St., Estherville, 712-362-3434
- O’Brien County Extension Office, 340 2nd St. SE, Primghar, 712-957-5045
- ISU Western Research and Demonstration Farm, 36515 Hwy E34, Castana. Call ISU Extension Monona County, 712-423-2175
- Sac County Extension Office, 620 Park Ave., Sac City, 712-662-7131
- Hansen Ag Student Learning Center, 2508 Mortensen Road, Ames, 515-294-BEEF (2333)
The final session of this series will be on March 10, 6 to 8 p.m., with topics focusing on pasture renovation and forage management.
The Iowa Beef Center at Iowa State University was established in 1996 with the goal of supporting the growth and vitality of the state’s beef cattle industry. It comprises faculty and staff from Iowa State University Extension and Outreach, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences and College of Veterinary Medicine, and works to develop and deliver the latest research-based information regarding the beef cattle industry. For more information about IBC, visit www.iowabeefcenter.org.
Beth Reynolds, extension program specialist, 515-294-9881, email@example.com